Lexotanil (Bromazepam) 3mg by Roche:
Lexotanil contains the active ingredient bromazepam.
Lexotanil belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. They are thought to work by their action on brain chemicals.
Lexotanil is used for anxiety, tension or agitation. Anxiety or tension associated with the normal stress of everyday life usually does not require treatment with medicines.
Do not take Lexotanil if:
1. you have had an allergic reaction to LEXOTANIL, other benzodiazepines or any ingredients listed at the end of this leaflet
Some of the symptoms of an allergic reaction may include:
shortness of breath
wheezing or difficulty breathing
swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body
rash, itching or hives on the skin
2. you have severe and chronic lung disease
3. you have severe liver disease
4. you suffer from sleep apnoea (temporary stops in breathing during sleep)
5. you have muscle weakness known as myasthenia gravis
6. the package is torn or shows signs of tampering
7. the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack has passed.
If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well.
Before you start to take Lexotanil:
Tell your Doctor if:
1. you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
Lexotanil is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Your doctor will discuss the risks and benefits of using it if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
2. you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed
Lexotanil passes into breast milk and therefore there is a possibility that the breast-fed baby may be affected. LEXOTANIL is not recommended for use while breast-feeding.
3. you have any other health problems, especially the following:
liver, kidney or lung disease
high or low blood pressure
you suffer from depression, psychosis or schizophrenia
you suffer from fits or convulsions (epilepsy)
you have high pressure in the eye (glaucoma).
4. you drink alcohol regularly
Alcohol may increase the effects of Lexotanil.
5. you are lactose intolerant
6. you are allergic to any other medicines, foods, dyes or preservatives.
If you have not told your doctor about any of the above, tell them before you start taking Lexotanil.